Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's back, Lost blogging!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for Lost Blogging. If you don't want to read spoilers do NOT read this post. There will be spoilers for the season opener LAX parts 1 and 2.

Onward and upward:

Where to start? The fact that the bomb apparently did split the time lines as so many theorized it would? The Losties from the 70's are back in their correct time, so hopefully some time this season Jin and Sun will reunite. I'm rooting for those crazy kids.
Of course I was also rooting for Sawyer to make good on his promise to kill Jack. No luck there. And knowing it was coming did not make Juliet's death easier. She may have phoned it in, but Josh really sold that scene.
And speaking of selling things, can I just say how awesome Terry O'Quin is? He is a totally different person, he communicates that wonderfully. You look at him and know he is not Locke, and that is great. And Bad Locke? You'd better not be hurting my Richard. The Dark UFO spoilers took a lot of the surprise out of that scene on the beach.
Speculation time: I think we can say safely that Richard is not anything other than a dude who happens to be ageless. He may be Jacob's liaison, but he is sometimes really out to sea (that will be a funnier joke later in the season, I promise) at times regarding what is going on with his boss.
Is Sayid now Jacob? I almost hate to go out on this limb, because I have a rotten track record here, but I'm going to lean toward yes. It makes sense and is beautifully fitting when you consider the Man in Black's loophole was Locke, who was essentially good but certainly no saint, and Jacob's loophole may be Sayid who was... more morally ambiguous. Not bad, but certainly not good.
I'm not even going to speculate about the losties on the alternate timeline but I'm happy to hear anyone else's thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. i think that the non-losties in the alt time line still managing to cross paths with each other is really interesting. i love that desmond showed up in a strange otherworldly sprititual kind of way, that totally made sense to me. i also think sayid is new jacob, like you said, jacob's loophole. it never even occured to me that sun and jin would reunite! i guess it depends on whether the losties are back on their own timeline or have managed to create two different alt timelines, the oringal one with sun, the one where the swan never gets built and the crash never happens, and the one where the crash happens, but circumstances are somehow different from the original timeline. i think i just blew up my brain.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.