Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brand new day

Hello all you friends out there in cyberspace. So, I have left Livejournal for the more public world of internet blogging. Hey, wish me luck!
Unlike my Livejournal, which was more about the mundain issues of my life, I do hope to be a bit more profound here. I'm planning on talking about the things that interest me right now, politics, religion, health issues, and Lost. Yeah, you heard me, Lost.
So let's get this party started with my favorite little lady, Sarah Palin. Those who know me know that I have a deep dislike of Palin, she just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. She preaches intolerance and hatred, and I had hoped after she lost the election that she would retreat to Alaska and quietly serve out her (hopefully) last term as governer. Wow was I wrong.
Every day I wander online and see that she was somewhere else giving an interview.
What amazes me is that even after losing the election her story has not changed. It's still everyone else's fault that she isn't president... ops I mean vice president. The media, the RNC, the media, the evil lefty blogs, the media, etc. Really, the fact that she clings to these myths is almost awe-inspiring. After all, you don't get to see too many truely self-deluded people giving daily interviews (and once Obama takes office and we won't have to see Bush we will be left with Palin. Shame that).
I can't help but wonder what the RNC is thinking every time they see her. Do they cringe, knowing that this is what people think Republicans are? Are they happy, knowing that this is what people think Republicans are?
If I were them I would worry about the damage this woman is causing. Letting her out in public to belittle and fearmonger is doing the Republican party no good at all. If anything it is keeping fresh in our minds the reason why they lost in the first place. Is this Rove's new big idea? If so, wow, thanks Karl.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the RNC sees it that clearly. They have come to define themselves as to what they are against, rather than what they are for: gay marriage, immigration, abortion, health care, etc.

    To them, anything that pisses off libruls is necessarily good. The fact that she gives a lot of other people fits doesn't matter to them as long as the libruls remain pissed off.

    Shortsighted, that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is doing us some good though, since the more insane the RNC gets the more likely it is that the middle of the road conservatives who are not insane may just lean that more left. Of course the people that the insanity appeals to will just be that much more mobilized, which is truely frightening. Those are the people we need to watch out for.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.