Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Randomness

It's Friday and it was 11 degrees outside when I dropped the kid and brother off at Mom's. 11. Which made me remember the rather vocal people who believe that global warming is a hoax. Their evidence usually consists of it being cold in the winter. A real winning thought process there. However, I'm sure they are thrilled that it is 11, because that means no global warming this year! Yay!

I have been re-reading the Harry Potter series, since I finished the last Repairman Jack book I wanted something a smidge lighter. While re-reading PoA I remembered, Harry really is a jackass. I mean he is totally insensitive and completely self centered. Now, since he is the principle narrator this presents an interesting question, is our narrator to be trusted? Is Harry just a teenage boy? (I don't know how a teenage boy thinks, so maybe they are all like Harry? I really kind of hope not.)

My mortgage is held by my bank, and they managed to lose a payment. I had to call them today to stop payment on the check and transfer funds to pay the mortgage. I am interested in the fact that no one bothered to call me and ask me why I haven't paid, I had to contact them after a reasonable amount of time passed (maybe the mail was held up in the mail or something). This particular bank seems proud of the fact that it doesn't have the high forclosure rates as other banks. One would think they would want to keep it that way.

And while we are talking about the whole housing situation, my little community still has no forclosures! Yay! Our lenders all viewed us as a "risk" because we are Habitat "low income" families. Of course the joke there is I make more money than my mother ever made and it is still under the standard of living for Bucks County. Makes you wonder how people are supposed to live.
Stay warm all!!

1 comment:

  1. no global warming! drillbabydrill!
    no global warming! drillbabydrill!
    no global warming! drillbabydrill!

    uh, where'd all the air go?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.