Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm back, and I bring books!

This vacation was a book vacation. I finished a couple of books, but I really wanted to mention two.
The first is Are You Somebody? by Nuala O'Faolain. This was a birthday gift, and it was a brilliant one. O'Faolain was a BBC producer and a columnist for The Irish Times. This book is her autobiography. If you're Irish, a working woman, or a feminist, I would recommend this book. It's an excellent look at a how we don't view ourselves as others view us, and how when we are muddling through our lives looking at one thing we may be doing something extraordinary somewhere else.
The second is Wicked Plants by Amy Stewart. This one is a gardeners dream regarding poisonous plants and how to recognise them. The stories in the book about each plant are awesome, short and wildly entertaining. It's more of a reference that a straight through read, but if you do read through like I did it is certainly fun.
So go read people! Don't tell me you don't have time. You're looking at a single mother who works full time, if I can find the time anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.