Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More thoughts on Dr. Tiller

I heard yesterday a very interesting thing regarding abortion doctor murders.
I didn't really notice that during the Bush years there were no killings. I mean, I knew that it had been a while, but I didn't put two and two together. Apparently the reason for the sudden drop off is that Pro-life advocates had been assured that Bush was going to over-turn Roe vs. Wade at any second.
You'd think after the first 4 years they might have realized that he wouldn't, but whatever. They felt that he would, and since they had this promise they refrained from the violence against doctors and clinics that had marked the Clinton years.
Now, less that 6 months after Obama took office there is a murder. Of course there is. Obama won't overturn Roe vs. Wade, and unlike Bush, he won't lie and say he will.
Of course this is only one of the factors that lead to this doctor's murder. There are others, such as the hate spewed from the mouths of right-wing pundits.
But it is something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.