Friday, June 19, 2009

News of the World

So there is so much going on in the news that little things are getting lost. Such as...

- Today is Juneteenth, or Freedom Day. And it celebrates the end of slavery in the US. I had no idea until someone wrote it on the whiteboard here at work.

- On Monday Jon and Kate will make a "major announcement" on their show. This is news to me in the fact that they are local (they live a county over), and they are really bugging the crap out of me. I used to watch their show, the octuplets are the same age as the kiddo so I liked seeing another family going through what I was going through, times 8. Now I can't sit through a show. I read someone who said that they watch the show to make sure the kids come out alive in the end, and I think that sums it up.

- Glenn Beck is doing some kind of comedy thing. There is a fantastic review of it here.

- I have found a new blog, and I am in love. The Unrepentant Old Hippie. It's snarky goodness. And it is joining the blog roll.

I know I'm forgetting stuff, though, this has been a strange week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.