Tuesday, June 9, 2009

That human touch

No, not that human touch, the other one.

I like a certain brand of flavored water that shall remain nameless*. I have been having a really hard time finding my favorite flavor, and was getting worried it had been discontinued (as Coke keeps doing to my Vanilla Coke. Bastards). So I wrote to the company, bitching that I couldn't find it, was it still around.
Today I got a reply, for an honest-to-god human, and it was chock full of ideas or where to get my favorite water, and if necessary, who to contact to get cases shipped to me since sometimes availablity was spotty.
Needless to say I am tickled. The company went out of their way to provide me with options to get their product. They get to keep a customer and I get to get my favorite flavor of water. And they managed to make me feel imprtant enough to contact in person, not by form letter. Companies can not underestimate how much that helps, especially in an economy like this one where flavored water isn't a necessity, I can drop it at any time if money becomes tight enough. I know that this company cares about some chick out in rural PA, and that makes me want to stick with the company.
It's the little things that win customer loyalty.

*While the brand is nameless, the company is glaceau. I'm sure you can figure it out from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.