Thursday, May 21, 2009

Space, I just don't know enough

My kid has always loved outer space. She's loves the idea of it, she loves aliens, and space ships, and everything that goes along with it.
She recently found out about the International Space Station, and is completely charmed by it. And keeps asking questions. How long to peoplelive there? What's it like? What do they do there? Etc.
You know what? I don't know enough about NASA to answer her questions. I keep thinking about getting her a membership to a kids space program or something, but I don't know how long this will last (long I hope, it's been going on for two years now, since she could talk).
It's kind of cool though, the kid is a girly-girl, so it's awesome seeing her excited about science too. I really hope she goes that route and not the cheerleader route.

2 comments:

  1. Does she know about the Hubble mission? It was successful and we should enjoy it for 5 to 7 more years. I love that telescope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does actually. She watched the shuttle take off, and she knows that they came home, and what they were doing. That was some cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are now not moderated. Have at it folks! Don't make me regret it.